It was announced that from January 3, the corona vaccine would be given to the children of 15 to 18 years in the country. For this, booking of vaccination slots can be done on Kovin app or on-site from January 1, i.e. New Year. The 10th ID card will also be valid for slot booking of vaccination.
According to the health ministry, only Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin will be administered to children in the age group of 15-18 years. The number of this age group in the country is around 10 crores. Dr. RS Sharma, Chief of CoWIN platform said that the 10th ID card will also be considered as identity proof for registration.
This is because some students will not have Aadhar card or any other identity card. According to the government’s guideline, in addition to CoVin for children of 15-18 years, on-site booking of vaccine slots can also be done through verifier/vaccinator.
Children’s vaccination registration process
- First of all go to Aarogya Setu App or Cowin.gov.in website.
- If you are not registered on CoWIN then choose the option of register first.
- Then the registration page will appear. You have to enter photo, ID type, number and your full name on it. (Here you can select 10th ID card). Also, enter the gender and age of the child here.
- Once the registration is complete, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- After the member is registered, you enter the pin code of your area. This will bring up the list of vaccination centers.
- Now book your vaccine slot with date, time and get the vaccination done by visiting the centre.
- At the vaccination center, you will have to provide your identity proof and secret code. Which you get when you register.
- If you are already registered on CoWIN, then select Sign and enter your registered mobile number and click on Get OTP
- Then enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on Verify button.
- Now enter the pin code of your area and book your vaccine slot as per the center and get the vaccination done
- If you are booking through the Aarogya Setu app, go to the CoWIN tab, and click on the Vaccine tab. Then click on proceed and book the vaccine slot as mentioned above.
- Up to four people can be registered for vaccination from one mobile number.
PM Modi announced on Vajpayee’s birthday
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced to give corona vaccine to children in the age group of 15 to 18 years from January 3 on 25 December, the birthday of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Along with this, the PM had announced to give a vaccine dose of vaccine from January 10 to such elderly people of 60+ age who come under the purview of comorbidities. Along with this, from January 10, he had also announced to give precaution dose to the frontline workers.